Frequently Asked Questions
Will the classes be held in person this school year?
Yes, for all grades, JK to Grade 8, there will be full school days in-person. This may change if the government mandates otherwise.
What are the school hours?
Supervision on the school yard begins at 8 am. The morning bell rings at 8:35 am and class begins at 8:45 am.
The school day ends at 3:45 pm. There is regular yard supervision until 4:15 pm. If you are not able to pick up until after 4:15 pm, the Afterschool program runs until 6 pm at a fee.
Are masks required for staff and students at all times?
All staff and students are required to wear a mask in the school. Masks can be removed outside if students are more than 2m apart.
What precautions have been taken to make the school safe during COVID-19?
- Students will be cohorted with their grade at all times.
- Our large classrooms allow the students to be seated 2m apart.
- Each classroom has big windows that can open to provide good ventilation and clean air.
- Extra ventilation systems have been placed in the gym, the kindergarten classes and the performing arts classroom.
- There are hand sanitizing dispensers and hand washing sinks in each classroom.
- In January 2022, Joan of Arc Academy will reevaluate which COVID-19 safety precautions will be necessary.
What is the maximum class size?
- Class maximum JK – SK: 12 students
- Class maximum Grade 1 – Grade 5: 16 students
- Class maximum Grade 6 – Grade 8: 18 students
- Please contact the school to learn the current class size for your daughter’s grade.
What food programs does the school offer?
The Lunch Lady (Monday and Wednesday) – Can be ordered directly from the Lunch Lady website
Pizza Day (Friday) – Cheese or pepperoni pizza from Mr. Mozzarella. Orders can be placed upon registration or by contacting the front office any time.
Milk Program (Monday to Friday) – Regular or chocolate milk cartons daily. Orders can be placed upon registration or by contacting the front office.
If a student is sick or needs to be in quarantine can they join class virtually?
Yes, each class has a computer and webcam that can be used to facilitate virtual learning while the rest of the class continues in person. Joan of Arc Academy will not be able to facilitate online learning for reasons unrelated to COVID-19.
What subjects are taught in English vs. French?
The Junior and Senior Kindergarten class are 100% French.
In Grade 1 to Grade 8, 50% of the day in taught in English and 50% of the day is taught in French.
- Language Arts
- Science and Technology
- World Religion
- French Language
- Social Studies
- Performing Arts
- Physical Education